Runbeck Election Services Hires Rockenstein as Director of West Coast Sales and Operations
Company Also Adds IT Account Manager, Production Staff
Tempe, Ariz. [Dec. 7, 2009] Runbeck Election Services, a leading provider of elections solutions, today announced it has hired Mike Rockenstein as its new director of west coast sales and operations, effective immediately. Rockenstein will be based in Sacramento, Calif. and will focus on sales and customer support for Runbeck's growing base of west coast customers.
Rockenstein joins Runbeck from Premier Elections Solutions, where he worked for six years as a senior project manager and account executive focusing on the implementation of voting systems across California at jurisdictions including Butte, El Dorado, San Diego, San Joaquin and other counties.
"Mike brings a wealth of elections experience to Runbeck both on the sales and program management sides," said Kevin Runbeck, chief executive officer of Runbeck Election Services. "As we continue to grow our business in California Mike's knowledge of the county landscape and hands-on elections experience around the state will be a major benefit for our customers."
Rockenstein previously served as a legislative aide and fellow at the California State Capitol, worked as a management consultant for a "Big 5" consulting firm focusing on public sector issues and projects, and also was a local government analyst for the California Department of Finance. He is a member of the Project Management Institute and obtained his Project Management Professional (PMP) certification. Rockenstein earned a master's degree in public administration from the University of Southern California and a bachelor of science degree in Economics and a bachelor of arts degree in political science from California Polytechnic State University at San Luis Obispo.
Also in the past several weeks Runbeck has added several new employees in both Florida and at its Tempe, Ariz. headquarters, including:
- David Wise joined Runbeck's Florida operations as an information technology account manager where he will be focused on providing IT support to the company's Florida elections customers. Wise brings to Runbeck a broad base of experience in a variety of IT roles. He earned a bachelor's of science degree in information technology with business management from Juniata College in Huntingdon, Penn.
- Rufus Robinson joined Runbeck's Florida operations as an account manager. Robinson comes to Runbeck from the Miami-Dade County Elections office where he was a computer technician. He has an associate's degree in electronics engineering and is a U.S. Army veteran.
- Mark DePaz joined Runbeck in Tempe as a production specialist. DePaz has assisted Runbeck in several past election cycles.
- Carl Vest joined Runbeck as a production specialist at the firm's Tempe headquarters. Vest joins Runbeck with more than 28 years of production and bindery experience.
- Bob Rucker joined Runbeck's accounting department in Tempe. Rucker was previously chief executive officer of Arizona Regional Multiple Listing Service, Inc., a company that provided the computer system and services used by Realtors to list and sell real estate in Maricopa County, Arizona.
About Runbeck Election Services
Runbeck Election Services is one of the country's leading election partners and a one-stop shop providing customers with total election solutions including ballot production, election printing, postal voting solutions and everything in between. With more than 36 years of election services experience, the company prides itself on meeting customer needs by delivering results that are efficient, accurate and transparent. For more information visit www.runbeck.net.